The Board of Directors is responsible for the governance of the Training & Learning Centre. The Board is made up of volunteers from the community. The ten Directors represent different parts of Renfrew County and bring a variety of work and life experiences to their Board work. Seats are reserved on the Board for at least one tutor and one student.
Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting in June. The term of office is two years. The Board meets at least eight times per year. Board members also serve on committees (e.g. finance, personnel, publicity and fundraising) to carry out the work of the Board.
To find out more about volunteering with the Training & Learning Centre, call (613) 628-1720 or 1-800-387-4712.
Current Board Members:
Chair: Karen Penny
Vice Chair: Sharron McMillan
Treasurer: Jana Tamosetis
Secretary: Janna Koopman
Director: Roberta Della-Picca
Director: Neil Kilby
- Attend and participate in Board meetings and serve on at least one Board committee
- Review minutes and reports of the organization’s activities
- Review monthly financial reports
- Actively help the Board to formulate policy
- Oversee policy implementation
- Advocate for the organization in the community
- Represent the organization, as required
- Support and participate in fundraising as needed
A Good Board Member:
- is informed about and committed to the organization
- has the time to attend meetings and do the follow-up work
- works well in a group
- has good communication skills